Are You Utilizing These Helpful Dishwasher Features?
Many modern dishwashers feature new technology to improve the machine's performance and make your life easier. But you might not even know that these dishwasher features exist. And that’s a shame because these dishwasher features can help save you time, energy, and money. If you've recently bought a dishwasher, or you're about to buy a new one, make sure it has these cool extras.
- Time Indicator: Sometimes it feels like your dishwasher has been running all day. If you get a dishwasher with a built-in time indicator, you'll know how long your dishwasher has been running and how much longer it has to go before the cycle is complete.
- Flexible Rack Configurations: It can be so frustrating when you're trying to load the dishwasher and your large pots or serving spoons simply won't fit. However, many newer model dishwashers have flexible racks that can be moved up or down, enabling you to fit larger items without blocking the water spray.
- Water Sensors: This is one of the cooler dishwashers features out there. Some models have sensors that can determine how clean or dirty the water is. If the water is running clean, then the dishwasher knows that the dishes are clean, and the wash cycle will automatically adjust to use less water and energy. On the other hand, the sensors know if the water is particularly dirty and will maintain a steady flow of water to ensure the dishes get the extra attention they need.
- Delayed Start: This handy feature lets you start the dishwasher at a predetermined time. If you have a full load ready to go, but want it to run overnight, you can simply set the washer to start after you're in bed. Or, you might want to program it to start when you know you won't be using other water-dependent appliances like your washing machine.
- Sanitize Wash Cycle: Get your dishes beyond clean. With a sanitize feature, your washer will heat water to much hotter temperatures than human hands can handle. Your dishes will come out sparkling clean and germ-free.
- Pause Wash: What's more annoying than starting the dishwasher only to discover that you've forgotten to add a couple of dishes? With the pause feature, you can halt the dishwasher cycle, add the dishes, and then start it right back up again without missing a beat.
- Rinse and Hold Cycle: With a rinse and hold feature, you can run a quick cycle for just a few dishes. This cycle doesn't use detergent, requires much less water, and can give a quick rinse to dishes that aren't all that dirty. It can also be used to rinse off dishes and let them sit until you have a full load ready to go. This can help prevent you from washing less-than-full loads, which can be wasteful, and help stave off odor-causing bacteria while dishes wait to be washed.
- Flatware Slots: One of the dishwasher myths out there is that you shouldn't put flatware in your dishwasher. That's definitely not true. In fact, newer dishwashers come with flatware slots that allow you to place spoons, forks, and knives into their own individual slots, so they're not bunched together. Items held in these slots tend to come out cleaner and dryer than if they're sitting in a utensil basket.
If your dishwasher is missing any of these convenient dishwasher features, then come to Reno’s Appliance to see an extensive inventory of dishwashers that have all of these features, and more, from world-class manufacturers that are known for dependability and durability like Frigidaire, Bosch, and Whirlpool.
Reno's Appliance was founded in 1951 as Reno's Radio & TV. Since then, the shop has grown to become the one-stop home appliance source trusted by thousands. Reno’s sons continue to carry on the tradition set forth by their father and exhibit exceptional customer service. We have every home appliance you will possibly need. Stop by our showroom in Paterson, NJ to view our selection.