It seems like there’s a “smart” version of almost everything these days. Smart cars, smart watches, smart phones, smart televisions, and the list goes on. At Reno’s Appliance, we’re appliance experts and we’re excited to tell you about the latest trend in kitchen appliance technology—smart ovens. Smart ovens can be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth technology and controlled remotely with an app on a smart phone or tablet.
Why Are Smart Ovens a Smart Idea?
Smart ovens open up a world of convenience and ease for cooks and busy families everywhere. With a smart oven you can:
- Turn the oven on and off, start preheating, and adjust the temperature from anywhere using the smartphone app.
- Enjoy expanded temperature settings including bake, broil, warm, convection bake, roast, and proof to help yeast-based baked goods rise before baking.
- Cook food more quickly and precisely thanks to advanced cooking technology like convection and infrared heating elements that replace or enhance traditional heating components.
- Cook different foods at different temperatures at the same time—many smart oven range models offer two separate oven spaces.
- Connect to any number of recipe apps and have the oven automatically preheat itself to the correct temperature, cook food for the proper amount of time, and then turn itself off—all based on the recipe instructions.
- Receive alerts when oven is properly preheated, when timer has ended, if you’ve left the house with the oven still on, or if there is a problem with the appliance.
- Take advantage of faster and more powerful self-cleaning cycles that help you cook more and clean less.
- Save energy and reduce energy bills thanks to smart ovens’ efficient designs that cook food faster using less energy.
- Integrate your oven with other smart home appliances like a smart dishwasher, smart microwave, or smart refrigerator, so you can control every appliance in your kitchen from the palm of your hand.
- Get automatic software upgrades for your oven as soon as they’re available, ensuring that you’ll always have access to the latest features and benefits. No additional purchases necessary.
Plus, They’re Smart Enough to Listen
Perhaps the coolest feature of certain smart ovens is that they will listen to your voice commands. For example, Jenn-Air has partnered with Amazon’s Alexa Voice Service, enabling you to control your oven with your speach. Simple voice commands have been created for everything from preheating and setting timers to changing temperatures and cooking modes. For example, you can say:
“Alexa, tell Jenn-Air to …
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.”
- reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees”
- set the oven timer for 20 minutes."
- preheat the oven for a 12-pound turkey."
And the more you talk, the more it understands your personal speech patterns and regional accent. There’s no reason to “talk like a robot” or yell. Simply talk and it responds.
If you’re ready to smarten up your kitchen and simplify your life, come to Reno’s Appliance, where you’ll find a wide selection of smart ovens, including the:
Reno’s Appliance was founded in 1951 as Reno’s Radio & TV. Since then, the shop has grown to become the one-stop home appliance source trusted by thousands. Reno’s sons continue to carry on the tradition set forth by their father and exhibit exceptional customer service. We have every home appliance you will possibly need. Stop by our showroom in Paterson, NJ to view our selection.