As a home appliance store, we understand the importance of a good laundry room. After all, a lot of time is spent cleaning dirty clothes, especially if you have a large family. We thought we would provide some of our tips to making your laundry room as comfortable and functional as possible.
- Refrigerator. Many people opt to have a second refrigerator to store extra food. Instead of storing it in your garage, why not create a space for it in your laundry room? It will be more convenient than storing it in a cold garage.
- Sewing corner & ironing board. Taking out and setting up a sewing machine can be more time consuming than actually stitching something up. Incorporating a sewing corner in your laundry room can help you quickly and efficiently get your work done. In addition, you should consider adding a built-in ironing board to save on space and have all of your clothing essentials in one space.
- Dog bath. This idea is super helpful if you are a dog owner whose laundry room has a door to outside or the garage. Adding a dog bath to your laundry room will make cleaning up your pup before he or she enters your house a lot easier.
- Place your washer & dryer on a pedestal. Literally place your washer and dryer on a pedestal to make it easier to transfer clothes into and out of the machines. It is helpful to place them on a platform at least 15 inches off the ground.
- Space to air-dry your clothes. Not every article of clothing you own can go into the dryer. If you have ample space in your laundry room, consider carving out space to air-dry your clothes.
- Floor drain. To prepare for the event of a leaky washer, add a floor drain to your laundry room. It will make clean up easier and help prevent damage in case of an overflowing machine.
- Hampers. If your family stores dirty clothes in the laundry room, consider adding hampers to the space. If you are in the middle of a home renovation, built-in hampers are an excellent way to decrease the clutter in your laundry room.
Reno’s Appliance was founded in 1951 as Reno’s Radio & TV. Since then, the shop has grown to become the one-stop home appliance source trusted by thousands. Reno’s sons continue to carry on the tradition set forth by their father and exhibit exceptional customer service. We have every home appliance you will possibly need. Stop by our showroom in Paterson, NJ to view our selection.