Warm weather means it is finally time to start up your grill and whip up some healthy meals. Since we sell a wide range of grills from freestanding, pro, charcoal, and electric barbeques, we thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite grill recipes.
Grilled Chicken and Zucchini with a Balsamic Glaze
½ cup honey½ cup balsamic vinegar1 tablespoon orange zest1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano2 medium yellow zucchini2 medium green zucchiniSalt1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breastOlive oilGround black pepperSea salt
- Add honey and balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. After it has simmered for about 10 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the orange zest and oregano, leaving ¼ cup for serving.
- Cut the zucchini into long, flat noodles. Season with salt and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Season chicken with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about four minutes on each side.
- Add the glaze onto the chicken and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. This should take about two to three minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Cook the zucchini until they become al dente. Drain after two to three minutes.
- Slice the chicken and serve over the noodles with a drizzle of the glaze.
1 rack baby back ribs
Ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cut ribs into 3 sections. Add to a large pot with just enough water to cover the ribs.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the ribs and place on a sheet pan. Dry with paper towels.
- For the spice rub, combine garlic, brown sugar, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl. Spoon the mixture onto the ribs and rub all over.
- Place the ribs on the grill and cook for 10 minutes.
- Brush the barbeque sauce on the ribs and cook for one minute more.
- Serve with barbeque sauce.
Grilled Pineapple Sundae
4 pineapple slices
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
Dulce de leche
2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Grill the pineapple until charred, about one minute per side.
- Add ice cream and drizzle with dulce de leche. Top with shredded coconut.
Reno’s Appliance was founded in 1951 as Reno’s Radio & TV. Since then, the shop has grown to become the one-stop home appliance source trusted by thousands. Reno’s sons continue to carry on the tradition set forth by their father and exhibit exceptional customer service. We have every home appliance you will possibly need. Stop by our showroom in Paterson, NJ to view our selection.