What if you could control your oven with simple voice commands? Sound impossible? It’s not! Jenn-Air has partnered with Amazon to bring the power of voice command to your kitchen.
Amazon’s Alexa Voice Service or simply, Alexa, is an intelligent, cloud-based service that enables you to use your voice to control any connected product, including select Jenn-Air ovens. As long as you have a registered Jenn-Air connected oven and access to Wi-Fi, you can link your Jenn-Air account to Amazon’s Alexa for simple, seamless voice interaction.
Reno’s Appliance is pleased to offer these two Alexa-enabled ovens from Jenn-Air:
You may be wondering: “Why do I need a voice-controlled oven?” It’s a good question, especially since you’ve probably been using a standard oven all of your life. Here are five great reasons you’ll want to connect your Jenn-Air oven to Alexa:
- It’s Simple and Intuitive: Simple voice commands have been created for everything from preheating and setting timers to changing temperatures and cooking modes. There’s no need to learn super-specific, awkward phrases. For example, you can say things like:
- “Alexa, tell Jenn-Air to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.”
- “Alexa, tell Jenn-Air to reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees”
- "Alexa, tell Jenn-Air to set the oven timer for 12 minutes."
- "Alexa, tell Jenn-Air to preheat the oven for a 12-pound turkey."
- “Alexa, ask Jenn-Air for time remaining on the oven timer.”
For safety reasons, stovetop cooking and broil are not voice controlled, as that type of cooking requires constant supervision.
- You Can Multitask: How many times has this happened? You’re handling raw meat, or you’re wrist deep in cookie dough and you realize that you need to preheat the oven. With the Alexa-connected oven, you don’t need to stop what you’re doing and wash your hands just to go press a button. Simply tell Alexa what you need done and continue with your task.
- Alexa Understands You: Alexa has finely tuned automatic speech recognition technology. What that means is, Alexa understands the way you naturally speak. And the more you talk to Alexa, the more it understands your personal speech patterns and regional accent. There’s no reason to “talk like a robot” in order for your command to be understood like with some other voice-controlled devices. And, you won’t find yourself screaming the same simple command to Alexa over and over again in frustration. Alexa will hear you and immediately respond the first time.
- Jenn-Air Ovens Are “Future-Proofed”: With today’s technology evolving at break-neck speed, you may be reluctant to purchase a new piece of technology thinking that it will soon be obsolete. Jenn-Air will certainly keep innovating, but you can easily upgrade your current oven to incorporate these new features, helping to ensure that Jenn-Air wall ovens purchased today will be "future-proofed" from early obsolescence.
- Yes, There’s an App for That. In addition to controlling your Alexa-enabled oven with voice commands, you can control and monitor your oven through a free smartphone app. For example, you can check for doneness or preheat the oven while you’re in another room of your home.
If this technology sounds like something you would like incorporated in your home, make sure to visit Reno’s Appliance and ask about the Jenn-Air 30” Double Wall Oven and the Jenn-Air Microwave/Wall Oven. And, if you’re interested in other Alexa-enable appliances, you can ask to see the Jenn-Air 72” Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator.
Reno’s Appliance was founded in 1951 as Reno’s Radio & TV. Since then, the shop has grown to become the one-stop home appliance source trusted by thousands. Reno’s sons continue to carry on the tradition set forth by their father and exhibit exceptional customer service. We have every home appliance you will possibly need. Stop by our showroom in Paterson, NJ to view our selection.