Living in a small apartment or house requires you to be unique and creative when designing your space. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite tips for making a compact kitchen work.
- Change cabinetry. Instead of using doors, swap your cabinets for drawers. This will provide maximum usability for your space. As an added bonus, drawers make it easier to find things.
- Incorporate a breakfast bar. If your kitchen is too tiny for a table, consider adding a breakfast bar. It’s a great space to eat and doesn’t take up too much space.
- Creatively place appliances and drawers. Compact kitchens might have a unique layout. In this case, you should creatively place appliances and drawers to take the most advantage of your space.
- Install shelving for more storage. Play around with different storage options to find the best unit for your needs. If your space is small, consider using shelving that is open and lets light pass through.
- Don’t use any hardware. Not using hardware doesn’t really save any extra space, however, it allows the overall look and aesthetic of your space to be visually appealing.
- Select smaller appliances. Choosing smaller appliances will make the most of your space. There are many appliances that are designed for smaller spaces and they are still practical and useful.
- Stretch your cabinets to the wall. Another great storage alternative for small kitchens is to incorporate cabinets that touch the ceiling. This will utilize all of the available space.
Reno’s Appliance was founded in 1951 as Reno’s Radio & TV. Since then, the shop has grown to become the one-stop home appliance source trusted by thousands. Reno’s sons continue to carry on the tradition set forth by their father and exhibit exceptional customer service. We have every home appliance you will possibly need. Stop by our showroom in Paterson, NJ to view our selection.