If you’re looking for a home improvement project that will increase the value of your home, but won’t take up top much of your time, start with upgrading your kitchen appliances. Experts agree that installing high-quality appliances that are functional and stylish will get you the most return on your investment when it’s time to sell.
Here are some tips to help you choose appliances that you, and potential homebuyers, will love.
Think Timeless Style
If you’ve got all-white appliances that look like they are from a bygone era, then it will be difficult to maximize your asking price. Choose stainless steel or black appliances instead for a sleek, contemporary look that never goes out of style.
Or, consider appliances that can be concealed behind cabinetry. With this current design trend, refrigerators, dishwashers, and even range hoods can seemingly disappear, for a truly cohesive look that is sure to impress homebuyers.
Try to avoid purchasing appliances with bold finishes such as bright colors or patterns if your purpose is to up your home’s resale value. Potential homebuyers may be turned off by a design aesthetic they don’t like.
Enhance Energy Efficiency
Kitchen appliances account for a large percentage of the typical home’s total energy use. So when it’s time to upgrade, choose energy-efficient appliances that are marked with the Energy Star logo, like this Whirlpool dishwasher and GE refrigerator. These appliances will cost more up front, but you’ll see lower energy bills—and higher bids from potential homebuyers.
Go for Fun and Functional Features
Appliances with extra features are appealing to homebuyers. Just make sure they’re not just expensive add-ons, but will truly simplify life in the kitchen. For example:
- Ranges with downdraft ventilation that capture smoke and odors right at the cooking surface to clear the air without a hood.
- Dishwashers like this Viking and Jenn-Air that have flexible rack designs, more precise wash settings, built-in water filters and softeners, and much more.
- Wall ovens that are self-cleaning.
- Voice-activated appliances like this 30” Double Wall Oven, Microwave/Wall Oven, and 72” Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator.
- Refrigerators with either internal or external water dispensers.
Adding on the Extras
If you’ve gotten your major appliances taken care of and you’ve still got some room in your budget, then there are some extras that can be worth the investment. For example, garbage disposals and trash compactors are appliances that potential homebuyers often don’t know they want until they see a home that has them. If you’re in a more high-end market, then installing a wine refrigerator can be a nice touch that adds a bit of elegance to the home.
Remember, unless you’re truly in the high-end market, you don’t need to overspend on luxury appliances. You’re better off purchasing durable appliances with timeless style and practical features. When you are ready to upgrade your kitchen appliances, come to Reno’s Appliance. Reno’s has a large selection of kitchen appliances to choose from including:
- Bottom-freezer, top-freezer, side-by-side, and French door refrigerators from trusted brands like Sub-Zero, GE, and Whirlpool.
- Range hoods from Bosch, Broan, Zephyr, and many others.
- Built-in dishwashers from brands known for dependability like Frigidaire, Bosch, Whirlpool, and many others.
- Electric and gas ranges from 23 industry-leading brands, including Jenn-Air and GE.
Reno’s Appliance was founded in 1951 as Reno’s Radio & TV. Since then, the shop has grown to become the one-stop home appliance source trusted by thousands. Reno’s sons continue to carry on the tradition set forth by their father and exhibit exceptional customer service. We have every home appliance you will possibly need. Stop by our showroom in Paterson, NJ to view our selection.