Hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party this year? Forget the green beer. We’ve got 5 fun and festive recipes for St. Patrick’s Day drinks that are almost as good as finding a pot of gold. Sláinte!
Lucky Leprechaun Rum Punch
A sparkling pineapple-lime rum punch with a colorful marshmallow rim. Leave out the rum for a kid-friendly version.
- 1 cup of small, colored marshmallows (usually found in breakfast cereal)
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 packages of unsweetened lemon-lime flavored drink mix
- 8 cups of pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 liters of lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 bottle of white rum (optional)
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 3 limes, sliced
- Honey to rim the glasses
1. To rim the glasses, first place marshmallows into a sandwich bag and crush into small pieces. Then, pour out crushed pieces into a small bowl. Rub honey around the edge of the glasses, then dip into the crushed marshmallows.
2. To make the punch, muddle the mint with the drink mix.
3. Add pineapple juice and stir until mix is dissolved.
4. Stir in soda, rum, and fruit.
5. Pour punch into rimmed glasses.
The Healthy Shamrock Shake
Made with milk, avocado, and fresh mint, this version of the shamrock shake is refreshing and healthy. Keep it alcohol free or make it an “adults only” treat.
- 1 cup of milk (use coconut, soy, or dairy)
- 1 cup of ice
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- Honey, maple syrup, or sugar to taste
- 4 tablespoons of peppermint schnapps (optional)
Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
The Green Bloody Mary
Give this brunch staple an Irish twist by using green tomatoes. Plus, there’s bacon.
- 4 cups of green tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- ½ cup of cucumber chunks
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno, quartered
- 2 teaspoons of horseradish
- 8 ounces of vodka
- Ice (Check out Reno’s high-quality ice-makers.)
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4 romaine lettuce leaf hearts
- 4 strips crispy bacon
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lemon wedges
1. Combine the green tomatoes, vinegar, parsley, cucumber chunks, lime juice, Worcestershire and jalapeno in a blender. Puree on high until very smooth.
2. Stir in the horseradish and the vodka. Season to taste with kosher salt.
3. Fill 4 glasses with ice cubes.
4. Pour over ice and garnish with Romaine lettuce leaf hearts, crispy strips of bacon, cherry tomatoes, and lemon wedges.
Perhaps the quintessential Irish drink is this coffee with a kick. Here’s our guide on how to make it perfectly.
- Half a cup of good coffee brewed in a high-quality coffee maker
- 2 ounces of Irish whiskey
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1½ cup of fresh cream
1. Pour the whiskey into the glass.
2. Pour in the coffee to about an inch from the top.
3. Add the sugar and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
4. Place the spoon so that the curved part of the spoon is touching the coffee.
5. Pour the cream onto the spoon. The cream will flow over the edge of the spoon and rest on top of the coffee.
The Irish Mexican
Turn the classic Margherita into an emerald green Irish drink.
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 4 ounces of blue curacao
- 2 ounces of peach schnapps
- 1 ounce of Irish whiskey
- 1 ounce of Aperol
- 1 ounce of lime juice
- 8 ounces of pineapple juice
- Gold sugar crystals for glass rim
- Corn syrup for glass rim
- 1 cup of shaved ice
1. To rim the glasses, spread the corn syrup onto the rims of 2 margarita glasses. Pour the gold sugar crystals out on a plate. Run the rims of the glasses through the sugar crystals to coat.
2. Add a rounded scoop of ice to each of the glasses.
3. Add all other ingredients to a shaker filled with ice.
4. Shake for 10 seconds.
5. Pour half into each glass.
These are just a few fun ideas for St. Patricks Day drinks. If you’re the type of person who loves to entertain year round, then maybe a wine fridge or beer kegerator would be a great addition to your home.
Reno’s Appliance was founded in 1951 as Reno’s Radio & TV. Since then, the shop has grown to become the one-stop home appliance source trusted by thousands. Reno’s sons continue to carry on the tradition set forth by their father and exhibit exceptional customer service. We have every home appliance you will possibly need. Stop by our showroom in Paterson, NJ to view our selection.